Dali Tambo is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Koketso Growth a BEE Company with specific interests in Heritage, Arts and Culture Industries, amongst others. Dali has been at the forefront of much success with Koketso, leading a dynamic team in highly notable projects such as the 9m Mandela Statue at the Union Buildings in Pretoria and the iconic Mandela bust in front of the Parliament Buildings in Cape Town. Koketso is the most recent successful endeavour for Dali, who holds several more titles and boasts a long list of impressive business and cultural achievements as well as a string of awards throughout his prodigious career.
The son of ANC legend and struggle hero Oliver Tambo, Dali grew up in the United Kingdom where his family spent 30 years in exile. After school he acquired a Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs and Political Science from the University of Paris. He soon took an avid interest in culture and film, starting his career working in film and Television in the UK, including productions such as Richard Attenborough’s Cry Freedom. His love of film, arts and culture and heritage stuck with him, and defined his career path.
Upon his return to South Africa in 1990, Dali launched Southern Stream Productions, with his first talk show on M-Net, called Night Moves, revolutionizing the genre. He then moved to the SABC, with his highly successful People of the South, which aired for an uninterrupted 8.5 years, before returning to air on M-Net in 2011. Not, one to stagnate, Dali also pursued several other ventures during this time including notable documentary films and commercials.
Dali’s primary focus remained the promotion of the South African Cultural, Heritage and Tourism industries. His most recent brainchild, The National Heritage Monument, which he leads and directs is conceived to be South Africa’s largest ever and most significant heritage initiative.
Titles and Achievements
- Chief Executive Officer of Koketso Growth
- Chief Executive Officer of the National Heritage Project Company (PPC),
- Chairman and Director of Glensol (Global Environment Solutions)
- Executive Chairperson of The Heritage Production House, a television company.
- Currently the Chief Executive Officer of the National Heritage Project Company (PPC), developers of the National Heritage Monument (NHM)
- Founding Trustee of the Oliver and Adelaide Tambo Foundation and Executive Chairperson of the Oliver and Adelaide Tambo Foundation Trust.
- Chairman of the Naledi Theatre Awards and is the Chairman of the Advisory Board of Drama for Life.
- Founder of Southern Stream Productions, and host of Night Moves
- Producer and host of People of the South